Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Quick Update

More clarification: There are 5 or 6 clusters of us in Chernigiv. A cluster is a small group you attend language and technical training with. My cluster consists of Megan who is younger from Denver, Zach who is 23 from southern California, Brian who is from New York and plays the guitar he brought with him. I think he is from Cali as well. Suzi is in her 50's and from San Diego and Teri is in her 40's or 50's and I don't know where she is from.

I have been buried with homework. We get at least an hour or two worth of language homework every night, we have a ton of reading to do, we have techincal home assignments twice a week and we have to give a presentation on Friday in Russian. My presentation is a slide show about what I did Sunday night. I have some hilarious pictures to show my cluster. I just wish I could share them here.
Last night, I got home and started to study, but my host dad was so proud of the fact that he pirated a copy of "300" in Russian with English subtitles that he hooked up his computer to the tv and made me watch all 2 hours worth. I then had to eat dinner (eggs) and as I was going to study, my host mom begged me to play UNO. She said she would do my homework for me if we could play after. I let her help me a little but then studied on my own and fell asleep. Luckily we didnt have to turn in the assignment today.
After class, we met at McDonalds where I had 2 double cheeseburgers and it was everything I remember it to be. We then walked to the main employment center and we had a roundtable discussion with the president and vice president. I was amazed how advanced it was. It is pretty much identical to employment centers in the states. We left there about a half hour ago and after leaving this internet club, I am going to a office supply store to buy some decent pens and paper. They gave us all graphing paper and it drives me insane.
Many of you have been having difficulty calling me. I just got the scoop 2 minutes ago. You need to dial 011 380 and then my complete phone number which starts with 0. Email me if you want it. I'm hoping this actually works.

1 comment:

Charles Clifford said...

Glad your doing well. You have always had a knack for making friends. Keep those blog posts coming.

Beeaatch.

CHUCK