Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More Pictures

Viva Ukraine! It's a tough job, but it's the least I can do for my country.
A cool building in downtown Chernihiv.

A great picture.


Every meeting we attend has USA flowers, flags, etc, and of course....tea.



Me and my host mommy.

another one.

Marina and our departed little friend whose name I never learned to pronounce.


Me and Little Nikita. He is eating what they refer to as a potato chip. Me and Olga #13 (the one with a kid who lives by us).


This is me getting made fun of for attempting to prepare a Ukrainian recipe.


A Ukrainian toast at my party last Saturday.


My cluster (minus Teri)


A local Ukrainian showing Brian how to properly rip a fish's head off and eat it on Brian's birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there friend o'mine, I'm sooo sorry I haven't been in touch yet. We think of you all the time!!!

Sounds like the "eats" department is real shite!! This poses a real problem, and not just from a "sustenance" point of view. We hear you loud and clear brother, Michael Anthonys to the rescue!!!

Where might that fall in the large package/permanent address category. Hate like hell for it to NOT reach you. In the meantime, tell your culture-shocked, Windy City taste buds that help is on the way!!!

Enjoying your wonderful pics, clearly a once in a lifetime experience! What's this about phone calls...perhaps I've missed something...can we call you??? Do tell!

I have to ask...was the "Shut-up, Heather" guinea pig reference meant for me or another?? I'm a tad bit confused, but more frightening, if it was intended for me, dear GOD why?! (cue awkward creepy feeling)

Listen babe, I can't imagine how much your will has been tested over the past month, just know that you are doing something incredible and many people will benefit from your contributions. Since I've known you, this is the ONE thing you've wanted out of life. You're living your dream, enjoy every minute of it! Too few can say that they got the chance.

Best of luck with the food poisoning. "Heather's Home Remedy: 101"...a few spoonfuls of ground nutmeg (w/H2O on a spoon) does wonders for stomach problems of all kinds! At best, tastes like de-hydrated eggnog in the Sahara, but it can't be worse than expired dairy products. (Blech!)
Give it a try.

Talk to you soon, sweetie!
Much love from Me, T & AJ.

-Heath D.