Monday, April 16, 2007

PICTURES!!!!! (thanks Rachel!)

Some friends (Ukrainian and American) at the birthday bash. This was just about the only picture I could post here that wouldn't get me in trouble.
some pictures from Friday's school production...









This is me trying a Ukraianian delicacy called Salo. Salo is essentially raw pig fat placed on bread and supplemented with a clove of garlic. Almost as good as Ukrainian meat jello or fish soup. You can tell how much I loved it.



Ukrainian McDonalds gourmet lunch with some of the PCV's that were in town Saturday.



Some of my clustermates cooking that pasta lunch on Friday.



BEST PICTURE EVER!!! After me singing "Yesterday" during a karaoke sing-off.



I believe this was Easter dinner #3 before heading out to the disco party. Geoffrey is a PCV and is in the front right. It was his birthday and his host parents are sitting at the end...they rock!



The local cathedral.



Pasxa (Easter) Sunday at the church and the blessing of the baskets.


A typical night of playing UNO. My host "parents" on left and their friends on right.


Some of my technical training classmates.



Some of our technical trainers.



Olga's apartment where we have language class everyday. Olga is on the right.



Our living room (although we just rearranged it when Andrey got satellite tv with 2000 channels)


My bedroom...notice the huge, comfy bed :)


My host family (Andrey, Marina and little Nikita)


Here we are waiting for a bus. This activity occurs about 10 times/day.



Not sure what this is, maybe a museum, but this is the main square.


One of the main roads in my home town.


Lenin statue in the main square of Chernigiv.


This was our room...nice and cozy for 3 grown men.


This is the room we stayed at in Prolosok. This is the lovely bathroom I described a few weeks ago.

No comments: