Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lotsa Pictures For You

For those of you that think I am exaggerating about what I eat here, I took this picture of a cookbook that was on our kitchen table before I left. Mmmmmm.
This is Jim from Schaumburg, IL. It is completely crazy that he grew up literally down the street from where I grew up. He's a really great guy for a Sox fan, but then again, all guys from the the Chicago burbs are...right? Check out the killer sunset in this picture.

The dock at sunset at the beginning of the party at Prolosok.

The dock later in the evening.

Matthew, Me, Geoffrey and Brian at the bonfire party. Matthew catches a lot of crap for looking like the late great Chris Farley.

Cards the next morning as we wait for our bus to pick us up. Geoffrey taught us a Russian card game called Durok that I am now hooked on. The guy in the blue shirt is Nathan and the guy in the white shirt is Stephen. They were my roommates in Prolosok.

This is a crappy picture of what a typical train car looks like. I slept on the top right bunk.


This will be my room for 1 month when I return. Those that know me well realize I need a fan :)


This is Gara the boxer I live and sneeze with. She eats strictly oatmeal and chicken bones.

Tanya (new host mom), me, and Marina (my counterpart or partner) at the library I will work at....maybe.

This is Marina conducting a class similar to what I would be doing on Sundays there.

My office and desk.

This is the group of volunteers in my city and surrounding areas minus about 5 of them.

Kherson has a huge ship-building industry with tons of docking bays.

A really cool building. It's difficult to see, but there are statues of children sitting along the roof.

This is Tanya enjoying a smoke. Personally, I love the Ukrainian in the background sleeping in his boat. My plan is to make friends with every boat-owner in the city.

Gotta love the European speedo action in this one.


No comments: