Monday, May 28, 2007

2 Months Down...25 To Go

2 months here seems like it has been 6 months at least. When we look back to staging and Philadelphia it seems like years ago now. I think because we are being brainwashed with so much stuff and have experienced so much in just 2 months. It's actually quite amazing.

I forgot to mention that I received more shots in my left shoulder last week for Hepatitus and influenza. I think the total is up to 47 needles to this point. I also forgot to mention that on Friday we had emotional health day. It was 4 hours of first aid and stress-coping mechanisms. The one good thing that came out of it was I won some mouthwash playing health jeopardy.

Saturday night I watched the top 100 best songs of the 80's on VH-1 and educated Marina about classic songs from the 80's. I'm not sure I agree that Bon Jovi "Livin on a Prayer" should be #1 though I was happy to see Duran Duran in the top 5. That was a blast even though I pissed little Nikita off because I prevented him from watching his cartoons. I watch maybe a total of 1 hor of television a month here and this was my time dammit!
Yesterday rocked! I went to Jonathan's apartment with James and out tech teacher Andrey and we watched over 5 hours of "Lost". I can't believe how much better the season got since I left. I didn't even miss it until now. I only need to watch the final 2 episodes of the season now. The only problem is, we don't know if Jonathan will receive another shipment before we leave Chernihiv. I HAVE TO SEE THE FINALE!!! I will go on record once again by saying that this is the best show to have ever graced a television set..."Six Feet Under" is not far behind.
I have also been reading Mick Foley's new book that J.J. sent me. It's actually quite an interesting read going behind the scenes of professional wrestling (Yeah, I'm a nerd like that). It's also been really great reading those magazines everyone has mailed out. I also talked to my brother and his family last night which was great.
Here's a funny story. I was walking back from Jonathan's place last night and a huge storm came from nowhere. I took cover under this huge tree because I had my laptop with me and no umbrella. As I'm standing there I notice 2 younger guys speaking English next to me. I ask them where they were from and they freaked out at the sound of an English voice. It turns out they were Mormon missionaries traveling Ukraine and one of them was from Billings, MT. You don't see that every day here. They were nice guys and didn't try to push the church on me so I applaud them.
We just finished language class and I am about to head home to finish up the manual I have been working on. My host family is home today as is the rest of the country because low and behold yesterday was another holiday here....the holy trinity. When a holiday falls on a Sunday, everyone gets Monday off work. That sucks for us because our project group had planned on visiting some organizations and hand-delivering invitations to our event.
That's all I got.

Hi Cassandra!!!
Happy Birthday, Mar!!! (if you ever read this)

1 comment:

Kelly V. said...

You're right, LOST did get a whole lot better this second part of the 3rd season. The finale was good, but NO WAY NEAR as good as Six Feet Under's finale, although both finale's were under diff. premises, season vs. series.