Friday, March 23, 2007

Goodbyes & Farewells

I spent Thursday wrapping up some things on the computer. I still need to strategically choose 500 songs to throw onto my ipod. As far as movies go, I'm going to bring some seasons of The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of Queens, Futurama and Da Ali G Show. I am also bringing some essentials: "Lost In Translation", "Borat", "Goodfellas", "The Godfather", "Napoleon Dynamite", "Anchorman", one or two more comedies, and thanks to Shawna "The Departed".
After finishing my computer stuff, Shawna and I went to see "300" which was a really good flick. After the movie I had to choose my last supper and the winner was Outback Steakhouse's Alice Springs Chicken. It was a heavenly dinner. This morning was full of depressing goodbyes. I had an emotional farewell with Shawna. I said goodbye to Brian & Bill and...my car. I dropped her off at Brian's this morning and it is crazy how attached one can get to a piece of machinery. That car and I have been through a lot together.
Now I am doing laundry, I picked up my dry cleaning and somehow now need to fit 2 years worth of essesntials into one oversized duffel bag, a backpack, and my laptop carry-on. Wish me luck as this is going to be a huge challenge. I am about to eat a Lou Malnatti's pizza for lunch that was shipped to me by the always amazing Jessica in Chicago. After that, I need to take care of my banking situation and pick up some last minute things at WalMart. For dinner, we are heading over to my brother's house for a Mexican feast. I then need to get back home and pack up my room.
I fly out at noon tomorrow. The stress is coming to an end and it's actually a relieving feeling. The only crappy thing is I think I am getting sick. It figures.


No comments: