Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Final Stretch

Holy crap, I leave a week from Saturday. Wow.

I finally got my flight information emailed to me yesterday. I leave Billings at noon on Saturday the 24th and arrive in Philadelphia at 10:15pm. Training starts Sunday afternoon so a group of people are hoping to take in some sights before we start. The bus leaves at 11am on Tuesday, March 27th to take us to the airport and we fly out of New York City at 6pm for a 7-hour flight to Frankfurt Germany and eventually arrive in Kyiv Ukraine at 1:05pm (they are 9 hours ahead of Montana) on the 28th.

I'm still doing my best to learn as much Ukrainian as possible before I leave. I had a great weekend. Friday I went out with Kevin and some friends to visit some of the bars one last time. Saturday morning, Shawna and I drove up to the mountains in Red Lodge and spent the night there. We came back Sunday afternoon and I met up with my niece and nephew to take them to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner. I ended up winning the grand prize at skee ball (460,000 points baby!). Skee ball is so fun; I wonder why they never made it into a bar game. At any rate, it was nice to spend time with my brother's kids befroe I take off. Last night, my brother and I did some bar-hopping which was also a great time. On top of that, I watched a great movie called "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints" with Robert Downey Jr. and Rosario Dawson. I liked this movie so much, it entered into my top 5 films of 2006 list just after "Blood Diamond". So all in all, with one weekend down and one to go, I'm having great success. This weekend coming up should be both crazy and emotional. My goal is to get some pictures taken so I can post them on here.

The NCAA Tourney starts tomorrow and it really sucks I won;t be here to see how it all play out. I joined the pool at work anyway for the hell of it and have Ohio St. playing Wisconsin in the championship with Ohio St. taking it all. I was just stoked that UNLV finally made it. The first victim is Georgia Tech Friday morning. GO REBELS!!!

No comments: