Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Some Pictures That Were Sent To Me

In case I don't get any pictures on this day, this is the former group at their swearing-in event. This happens after our 3-month Pre-Service Training.

This is a shot of Kyiv where our training will be held when we first arrive. It is also the capital of Ukraine for those of you who don't know your geography.


Another shot of Kyiv


This is one of the many cathedrals in Kyiv.


Most of the bars/night clubs in Ukraine are located in old bomb shelters like this one.

This is a typical Ukrainian meal. Everyone says I am going to starve to death, but in reality, from what I hear from those out there, they love to eat and not exactly healthy food either. The volunteers out there now say they have put a good amount of weight since arriving there. I'm in trouble. From what I read, dinner in Ukraine is quite the event. There are toasts at every meal and they are mostly formal unless the host states otherwise.

This is one of the villages that I might get stationed at. From what I hear they are all very similar.

No comments: