Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Laptop Chronicles

This post was supposed to read "I Am Officially 100% Out Of Debt", but things changed and the money went elsewhere....
It was Thursday late evening and I woke up remembering my old buddy TJ who I used to work with here in Billings; he now lives in Laramie, Wyoming. TJ is the techiest (if that's a word) guy I know. He works in the IT world and rebuilds computers. I must have been having a nightmare about laptops or something. I called him Friday morning and asked if he would be able to hook me up with a laptop for a good price. The conversation resulted in him getting me a brand new slimline Dell for $625...fully loaded. He is coming to Billings on business February 5th and he is dropping it off to me then. So now I feel better that I won't be the oddball out there without a laptop.
Today I rented the movie "Everything Is Iluminated" and I'm about to watch it. A lot of people in our group recommended it. It stars that hobbit Elija Wood and it's set in Ukraine. I guess it paints a pretty good picture of what to expect. At least they didn't tell me to watch the movie "Hostel" saying the same thing. From what I remember that was in Ukraine as well.
In other news...
I've been seeing a girl out here and we just had the big discussion about what is going to become of the relationship since I'm leaving in 2 months for 27 months. It's pretty obvious how that discussion ended up seeing how I am on the internet on a Saturday night. There are so many loose ends to tie up in the next 2 months, this is just the beginning.

No comments: