Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Changes Already

So I keep hearing about this theme that things are never set in stone in the Peace Corps. Even if they say your job will be this, when you get out to your country they can very well end up putting you in a completely different job. This is what I have heard, but didn't put much weight on it.
Today I got an email from the Ukrainian office and the subject line read "Staging Location Change". Anger stepped in immediately. I was really looking forward to seeing Washington DC. That anger quickly turned into excitement. I was hoping if it got changed it could at least change to Chicago so I can see some people and take care of something I need to do for someone out there that I really care about.
So where are they sending me? Philadelphia. Yeah. Hopefully they change their minds again soon.

No comments: