Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Моя любимая гитара!
Yesterday I grabbed the bull by the horns and marched out of work (an hour early) directly to the music store and purchased my security magnet. I found the perfect guitar for $100. It's made in Ukraine, but honestly it plays like a Les Paul. I figured for that price it would be junk, but it is by far the best guitar (as far as playing action, Jen) I have ever owned. My fingers are scabbed over right now from playing for 4 straight hours last night. It's funny how life comes full circle. Let me take you back to the 4th grade many moons ago. I was taking guitar lessons from this hippy called Ron. The first songs he taught me were "Money For Nothing", "Stairway to Heaven", "Crazy Train", "Greensleeves" and "Yesterday" by the Beatles. Now you already know from an earlier post that Ukrainians loooooove that song for some reason. It might as well be the national anthem here. As soon as I walk in the apartment yesterday Tanya said to to me. I need to hear you play "Yesterday"! At this moment in time I would like to say "Thank you, Ron, wherever you are". All I really remember about that guy was that he ran over his foot with a lawnmower while cutting his grass wearing sandals. Ever since the 4th grade I have been scared to mow the lawn thanks to that guy. Heed this story, Shawna. No more mowing your lawn in high heels.
At any rate, I have named my new girlfriend Old Chorny or Старый Чёрный (chorny means black in Russian because she is as black as JJ Walker at midnight).

4 comments:

Your determined friend said...

Good for you sweetie! It's about freakin' time!

Anonymous said...

That's ok, Paul.. I won't take offense to that. The guitar I got you mysteriously got a divet in the neck so I know it was hard to play :) But I know there's sentimental value to it that can't be out done.

Pauly V. said...

Did you see Chicken Pizza got elected into the 7 wonders of the world?? When I see that picture I just think....HOT.

Anonymous said...

I was just talking about Chicken Pizza with a coworker. I was saying the exact same thing--HOT. Like breathing underwater.