Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Great Quotes

This is an exceprt from a fellow volunteer's blog that he wrote the day he left. I thought it was so good that I would rip off the entire thing and post it on mine to share with you all.
Enjoy...

I'll leave you with two quotations about the Peace Corps. The first is from The Great Adventure: "David Crozier lost his life in an air accident while serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Columbia. In a sadly prophetic letter to his parents, he said, 'should it come to it, I would rather give my life trying to help someone than to give my life looking down a gun barrel at him.'" My sentiments exactly. The second is from a current Peace Corps Volunteer serving in Ukraine: "The Peace Corps isn't for everyone…just the sexy people."

Good stuff.

No comments: