Sunday, February 25, 2007

One Month Mark

Well, I'm at the one month mark and I'm under 4 weeks until I leave. I sweet talked my way into 3 more weeks of work...my last day is going to be the 16th so I can have one week off to psych myself up. I have started researching the history of Ukraine and am learning a lot. That country has been through so much and so much blood was spilled over the capital city of Kiev. I am excited to actually go to Kiev after reading so much about it. I won't bore you guys with the details about it here, but if you get bored you should check out a Ukrainian history book from the library or read up on it via the internet because it really is interesting stuff. I am continuing my shopping spree. I recently bought some more clothes, I refilled some perscriptions as they recommend taking 2 refills with you, I'm still getting my laptop ready and I'm starting to view my favorite films for what seems like the last time. My parents are in the midwest visiting some people and that leaves me the house to myself. I am eternally grateful to them for letting me stay with them for these last few months, but being 32 and living at home is not the easiest thing in the world. With that said, in their absense, I have converted their living room into a space age bachelor pad complete with the ultimate home theater experience. I am currently watching all of the Lord of the Rings movies and have all the Star Wars movies in queue. I am planning on strategically choosing only 5 movies to take with me so my other favorites need to be watched one last time. I'm also enjoying being able to play my guitar loudly as if I'm rocking out one last encore. On a side note Martin Scorsese finally won an Oscar tonight!!! I was so happy to see The Departed dominate the Academy Awards.
That's about it. I'm awaiting my travel itinerary to arrive in the mail and tomorrow I need to sign up for personal article insurance which will cover my laptop, ipod, etc. I also need to jump online and read through about 200 new posts on our group's message board. I'm sure I'll post again later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.